Date: 4/29/, 10:00 am—1:00 pm
County: Solano County
Sponsor: Alternative Family Services (AFS)
Phone: (916) 254-5200
- Participants will understand the importance of maintaining a safe environment for infants in the foster care system. How to ensure a safe sleeping environment through using appropriate cribs and other infant furniture. Presenter will learn new crib standards, crib recalls, safety hazards.
- Participants will gain better understanding of Infant Illness and Disease Awareness. Define shaken baby syndrome. Define sudden infant death syndrome.
- Identify two factors that increase the risk of sudden infant death.
- Identify two ways parents and caregivers can try to prevent sudden infant death.
- Participants will learn infant developmental stages and milestones. Preparing parents to provide appropriate care and supervision to infants and toddlers.