Date: 12/22/2016, 1:00 pm—4:00 pm
County: Alameda County
Sponsor: A Better Way, Inc.
- To provide workers with an opportunity to discuss and process their experiences working with children and families in crisis who have experienced trauma.
- To support workers in recognizing boundary issues in working with families including transference, counter-transference and secondary trauma.
- To provide workers with strategies for managing secondary trauma and guidelines to support effective helping relationships.
- To support workers in developing strategies for self-care and managing stress in order to maintain work effectiveness and personal well-being.
- To provide strategies and guidelines for workers to stay positively connected and engaged in their work.