Date: 9/17/2019, 9:00 am—12:15 pm
County: Alameda County
Sponsor: Family Paths, Inc.
This introduction to the ways that trauma effects the nervous systems of children, youth and adults will offer useful insights to those helping clients recover from trauma.
As a result of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- understand the effect of trauma on the developing brain
- understand the relationship between trauma and dissociation
- recognize signs of dissociation
- talk about the Window of Tolerance, Hyper arousal and Hypo arousal
- increase their sense of competence and confidence in helping regulate children/youth/adults and bring them back into the window of tolerance.