Date: 1/22/2016, 9:00 am—12:00 pm
County: Alameda County
Sponsor: A Better Way, Inc.
- Gain understanding of the impact of childhood sexual abuse.
- Learn factors that determine how a child is impacted by sexual abuse.
- Identify what to look for and how to talk to youth if you suspect sexual abuse.
- Examine general principles for working with youth who have been sexually abused.
- Be able to describe additional risks and consequences of sexual abuse: PTSD, sexual exploitation, reproductive health issues, sexual abuse to prison pipeline for girls