Date: 12/1/2016, 9:00 am—4:00 pm
County: Alameda County
Sponsor: A Better Way, Inc.
- Participants will be able to define self-injurious behaviors
- Participants will understand that self-injurious behaviors are coping mechanisms that are often associated with severe emotional disturbance
- Participants will know who, why and when people self-injure
- Participants will gain an in-depth emotional connection to self-injurers through sharing testimonials
- Participants will understand the myriad choices available for treatment
- Participants will know how best to approach and work with a self-injurious person, while first determining if the participant is the right person to be working with the client in the first place.