Date: 3/22/2016, 9:00 am—12:00 pm
County: Alameda County
Sponsor: A Better Way, Inc.
Part 3 – 4/19
Sesssion 2 – Infant Cues, Communication, and Regulation: This training will introduce participants to tools and activities to promote infant-parent communication and regulation. It is designed for community service providers of all levels who serve children 0-5 and their families (e.g., peer advocates, early care workers, nurses, case managers, clinicians). Through both didactic and interactive activities, participants will learn about infant states of arousal, non-verbal communication, and strategies for assessing and supporting regulation. Special emphasis will be given to abuse prevention and families involved in the foster care system.
- to learn about infant states of arousal
- to become familiar with infant cues and communication
- to develop strategies for supporting infant-parent regulation
- to obtain initial exposure to clinical tools for evaluating and promoting infant-parent communication and regulation
- to become familiar with a range of screening, assessment, and diagnostic tools
- to practice application of these tools using videos and case examples
- to gain exposure to and practice using the DC:0-3R for diagnosis
- to deepen understanding of intervention models