, 9:00 am—12:00 pm
County: Alameda County
Sponsor: Fred Finch Youth & Family Services
Clinicians will learn playful techniques for engaging with clients around the difficult problems they face. The workshop will be experiential, and participants will walk away with some real world tools to use with clients. This is not a lecture – come ready to participate!
- Gain an understanding of why you might want to use narrative tools with foster youth and their families/caregivers.
- Learn some basic language and ideas that are fundamental to narrative therapy.
- Experience of what it’s like to use narrative tools.
- Understand how to hold power as a clinician to positively impact youth buy-in in therapy/ support services
- Learn ways to engage youth that support trust
- Help clinicians know how to be more effective in engaging youth in services