Date: 4/7/2016, 9:00 am—5:00 pm
County: Alameda County
Sponsor: Fred Finch Youth & Family Services
(1) Background, incidence and prevalence of family violence,
(2) Personal and social consequences of family violence,
(3) Family violence research, legislation and policies
(4) Interdisciplinary perspectives on family violence, and
(5) Interventions designed to prevent and ameliorate family violence through work with both victims and perpetrators. Particular attention will be given to groups that have been disproportionately affected by family violence, namely women and children.
Additionally, participants will also be exposed to the emerging knowledge base related to violence in gay and lesbian families, military families, and communities of faith, immigrant and refugee populations, and other special populations. This is a great training for those needing to fulfill the Spousal/Partner Abuse requirement for licensure.