Everyone keeps talking about Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) but, what is it? Who does it serve? Why is it considered the most intensive outpatient therapy? Dialectical Behavioral Therapy – The Basics provides an overview of this intervention including who it was created for and all the clinical components involved in providing DBT. Come learn or review how this intervention positively impacts both the client and the clinician.
- Gain an understanding of the DBT theory
- Gain an understanding of who benefits from DBT
- Gain an understanding of the DBT clinical intervention infrastructure
- Learn the problems that DBT was created to address
- Learn an overview of the DBT skills – what they are and how they benefit clients
- Gain an understanding of why mindfulness is core skill taught.
- Learn strategies that assist with self-maintenance in working with DBT clients
- Learn resources for getting intensively trained to do Dialectical Behavioral Therapy