, 9:00 am—4:00 pm
County: Alameda County
Sponsor: A Better Way, Inc.
- Participants will be able to identify the BBS and BOP supervision and licensing requirements for LCSWs, LMFTs, LPPCs, and Licensed Psychologists.
- Participants will be able to describe the key components of individual and group clinical supervision including the supervisor role, learning contracts, record keeping, case consultation, group supervision guidelines, and supervisee evaluation.
- Participants will be able to identify the primary new diagnoses in the DSM 5 and changes from the DSM IV relevant to youth and family services.
- Participants will be able to identify the minor consent laws, mandated reporting laws, ethical best practices in providing supervision, and unprofessional conduct listed in the Business and Professions Code.
- Participants will be able to describe the key components of providing culturally competent supervision, and recognizing and addressing transference, counter-transference and secondary trauma.