Date: 4/14/2017, 9:00 am—4:00 pm
County: Alameda County
Sponsor: A Better Way, Inc.
- Develop a positive sense of self.
- Gain confidence to take action to realize goals.
- Make healthier, safer relationships with peers & family.
We’ll spend a day exploring & experiencing how creative arts activities can support adolescents in their journey from childhood to adulthood. This interactive training will include art activities, awareness & relaxation practices, discussion, case examples, & lecture based on years of clinical experience & current research.
- Practice increasing sensory awareness to regulate, & deepen connection with self, others & environment.
- Review primary tasks of adolescent development.
- Experience using art to explore identity.
- Learn how adolescent neurobiological development affects cognition, functioning and behavior.
- Hear & see case examples of using art with adolescents – individually, in groups, & in families.
- Discuss how social media affects sense of self in teens, & collaborate on response strategies.