Date: 7/28/2016, 9:00 am—4:00 pm
County: Alameda County
Sponsor: A Better Way, Inc.
- Participants will learn specific practices that are trauma-informed.
- Participants will gain a neurobiological understanding of how trauma affects the nervous system and the social engagement system.
- Participants will gain a deeper understanding of why people with trauma behave in ways that may appear illogical or self-destructive.
- Participants will learn guidelines to be able to distinguish between physical and emotional safety.
- Participants will be able to address physical and emotional safety issues in a way that will engage clients.
- Participants will be able to apply the skills to self